I remember being in kindergarten and having my first 'boyfriend'. His name was Jeff Tate and at that point in life I am pretty sure that I didn't really know what a boyfriend was.....but I think I told my mom that I loved him.
Fast forward to 6th grade camp. This is where I met my next true love, Scott Berg. He was 'such a babe' as we used to say way back then. He had black hair, brown eyes, tight wrangler jeans and nike tennis shoes. The only thing I could find wrong with him was that he was slightly shorter than me. On the last night of camp at the dance we danced together and I think we kissed behind a clump of pine trees. Heavy sigh......I was totally in love with him and signed my name "Lee Ann Berg" for months after that. I talked about him to all my friends and I was pretty sure we were going to get married someday. Never saw him again.....
I had lots of crushes on boys in junior high and high school - some 'serious' boyfriends. There were boys that I even got into fights with other girls about. There were some really nice boys and some not so nice. Some that I was totally and completely and absolutely in love with and swore that we would get married just as soon as I was out of high school. Thank the heavens I didn't!!!!
In May of 1991 I met THE ONE. Tall, dark and handsome. (Okay, he's tall compared to me.) Dark brown hair, beautiful blue eyes. And this time, it was for real. You've read on this blog how we met and that whole story. We were married and have been working on that whole happily ever after thing. It really is true when cute, old married couples say "We love each other more every day"..... Not that we are particularly cute and definitely NOT old, but you know what I mean.
And then we started our family. I have been completely, totally 100% in love with every child that God has blessed us with. The moment that Rebecca placed Noah in my arms, the moment that Tasha placed Joey in my arms and the moment that Laura placed Anna in my arms is deeply etched into my heart. These are moments that I will never, ever forget. These were the moments that I realized that I was only beginning to understand what true love felt like.
True love for our birth mothers was to trust in God enough to know that our family was where these children were supposed to be. They loved these precious babies enough to make the most difficult decision that they will probably ever have to make. These women, each with different stories, different backgrounds, different circumstances have taught me what true love REALLY is.
No comments:
Post a Comment