Sunday, September 23, 2012

.....Baby, That is......

So here we go again :) ............

After 19 years of marriage under our belt and 3 beautiful adopted children....we've decided to try it one more time. The reactions from friends and family have been fun: "Holy cow! You're going to do it again?!" or "Wow! I thought you guys were done!" or "Congratulations! That's great!" or "You are a better mom than me - I am done having kids!" or this one made me laugh: "Now, how old are you again?" hahaha .....one thing I have learned; age is ONLY a number. I am 43. But for the record, I am a pretty hot looking 43 year old mom! (Yeah, I said it! Don't judge me.....) And today's 40 is the new 30 just in case you haven't heard ;)

Why are we going through the adoption process again? It's simple. Our family isn't done yet. Lance and I know that there IS one more baby out there who is supposed to be in our family. And how do we know? Because we have prayed to God about it and those are the impressions/feelings/promptings (whatever you choose to call it) that we get after we pray. Simple, right? Well, sort of.....

Now for the not-so-simple part. We need to FIND our baby. Or, our baby needs to find us. Or, I guess it would be more appropriate to say our baby's birth mother needs to find us.....

That's why I'm sitting here on a Sunday afternoon starting my very first ever blog. I've never blogged before and I'm pretty clueless about most things blog related - but I'm going to give it a go.....

2 comments:

  1. I miss you and your family! I will let you know if I hear any possibilities from Oklahoma. Love you!

    ReplyDelete